- A vast, flat, treeless Arctic region of Europe, Asia, and North America in which the subsoil is permanently frozen: [as modifier]: tundra vegetationMore example sentences
- Ruffs breed in sub-Arctic and Arctic tundra meadows in northern Europe and Siberia.
- North Asia is an arctic tundra, not a recommended neighborhood to live in, in the winter time.
- In North America, the Arctic tundra is expected to retreat northwards and be replaced by forest.
late 16th century: from Lappish.
More definitions of tundraDefinition of tundra in:
- The US English dictionary