An oil used as a drying agent in inks, paints, and varnishes.
- This oil is obtained from the seeds of trees of the genus Aleurites, family Euphorbiaceae
More example sentences
- Re-oil yearly with boiled linseed oil, tung oil, or a product recommended by the manufacturer.
- Larock's group has also made hard plastics from tung oil and linseed oil.
- It is porous and requires sealing with 100 percent tung oil.
late 19th century: tung, from Chinese.
Definition of tung oil in:
- The US English dictionary