- A two-terminal semiconductor diode using tunnelling electrons to perform high-speed switching operations.More example sentences
- Leo Esaki is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who invented the tunnel diode while working for the Sony Corporation in Japan.
- We are investigating tunnel diodes, which rectify the IR-frequency current waves in the antenna arms.
- Leading electronics publications begged for articles on tunnel diodes and rushed them into print.
More definitions of tunnel diodeDefinition of tunnel diode in:
- The US English dictionary