- A wild goat native to the Caucasian mountains.
More example sentences
- Genus Capra, family Bovidae: two species, C. caucasica and C. cylindricornis
- Neandertals learned the migration patterns and grazing habits of the tur and how to hunt the biggest and fastest of the animals, according to scientists.
- In order to reconstruct the behaviors of Neandertals and the mountain goats, Adler and his colleagues studied clues from thousands of Caucasian tur bones and teeth.
late 19th century: from Russian.
More definitions of turDefinition of tur in:
- The US English dictionary