- A sediment or rock deposited by a turbidity current: [as modifier]: modern deep-sea turbidite muds a series of turbiditesMore example sentences
- The Xigaze terrane incorporates a 5000-8000 m thick succession of volcaniclastic turbidites.
- Most coarse-grained clastic sediment that is deposited in turbidite basins is either derived from alluvial basins or shallow marine shelves.
- In addition, intercalated terrigenous turbidites exhibit considerable lateral variation in bed thickness.
- More example sentences
- It comprises turbiditic elastic rocks with cherts, pillow lavas and greenstones.
- These beds are commonly channelized and always exhibit erosive bases incised into underlying fine-grained turbiditic sandstones.
- The breccia is interpreted as a turbiditic debris layer, typical of the outer edge of the slope.
More definitions of turbiditeDefinition of turbidite in:
- The US English dictionary