Definition of turbinate in English:
1(Especially of a shell) shaped like a spinning top or inverted cone.
1.1 Anatomy Relating to or denoting the turbinals.
- Specimens from the lateral sides of the middle turbinate mucosa were examined as a control.
- The valve area may be enlarged directly by correcting caudal septal deflection or turbinate hypertrophy.
- Often patients begin treatment with turbinate reduction.
nounBack to top
(also turbinate bone) Anatomy another term for turbinal.
- The nose contains shelf-like structures called turbinates, which help trap particles entering the nasal passages.
- Examination revealed a polypoid mass within the left nasal cavity replacing the left middle turbinate.
- One patient developed synechiae between the middle turbinate and the lateral wall of the nose.
Definition of turbinate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan