noun (plural turbos)
- 1 short for turbocharger.
- 1.1A motor vehicle equipped with a turbocharger: [as modifier]: ABS is standard on all turbo and SE 2.3 modelsMore example sentences
- If you think this is no more than a VW Phaeton with twin turbos and a longer wheelbase, you're missing the point.
- With 136 bhp the car lacks power - a turbo version is coming-but more disappointing is the light, inconsistent steering.
- It is blindingly quick, although you needed to keep the engine spinning because of the turbo lag.
More definitions of turboDefinition of turbo in:
- The US English dictionary