Definition of turboprop in English:
1A jet engine in which a turbine is used to drive a propeller.
- Its engines consist of four turboprops with contrarotating propellers located on the wings.
- This type of powerplant was ideal for lower performance aircraft that could substitute their piston engines for the turboprop.
- The combination of a proven airframe with a turboprop engine widely used in eastern Europe and Russia was perceived to be an attractive way to bring a new design to market relatively quickly.
1.1An aircraft powered by a turboprop.
- His program was an aircraft hangar, filled with almost every variety of primitive aircraft, from a turboprop trainer to a hang glider.
- In a turboprop aircraft, putting the props in the beta position creates an extraordinary speed brake.
- Buying a turboprop aircraft as a backup is ‘a possibility,’ according to Famin.
Words that rhyme with turbopropstonecrop • dewdrop
Definition of turboprop in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan