noun (plural turfmen)chiefly US
- A devotee of horse racing, especially one who owns or trains horses.More example sentences
- It was with a sense of personal loss that turfmen yesterday learned of the death of James Clare, for a quarter of a century the superintendent of the Brighton Beach racecourse.
- After retiring from the saddle and taking up residence in Paterson, N.J., then a famous rendezvous for turfmen, Littlefield became one of the leading trainers in America.
- The racers of the most prominent turfmen of the country are there.
More definitions of turfmanDefinition of turfman in:
- The US English dictionary