A southern European oak with a domed spreading crown and acorn cups with long outward-pointing scales.
- Quercus cerris, family Fagaceae
More example sentences
- In the northeastern part of the area is a sand ridge supporting a turkey oak.
- Myrtle oak, turkey oak, and Chapman oak are often so densely spaced that few other plants can grow beneath them.
- Our hospital has, since its foundation, had as its symbol the turkey oak that was in its grounds.
Definition of turkey oak in:
- The US English dictionary