Relating to or denoting a large group of closely related Altaic languages of western and central Asia, including Turkish, Azerbaijani, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uighur, Uzbek, and Tatar.
- Central Asia largely speaks Turkic languages.
- Kyrgyz is a Turkic language, most closely related to Kazak.
- The Uzbek language belongs to the Turkic family of languages.
The Turkic languages collectively.
- Although it has borrowed many words from Arabic, Turkic, Persian, and Russian, Georgian has remained distinctive.
- Karthli is distinct from Indo-European, Turkic, and Semitic languages.
- It contains many Turkic, Persian, and Arabic elements.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Turk¦ic
Definition of Turkic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.