- A mechanical gate consisting of revolving horizontal arms fixed to a vertical post, allowing only one person at a time to pass through.More example sentences
- An estimated 150,000 commuters passed through its turnstiles every day, many of them on their way to work on Wall Street.
- About 100,000 people are expected to pass through the turnstiles before the event finishes on Thursday evening.
- There are two queues for the turnstiles at gate three, one from the north and one from the south.
More definitions of turnstileDefinition of turnstile in:
- The US English dictionary