Definition of turntablist in English:
A DJ who is an expert in sampling, scratching, and similar techniques.
- Scratching from the turntablist really gets you moving.
- He makes a jazz album first, and then allows separate ground for the turntablists to remix five of the original tracks.
- Willner has also been reborn as a turntablist, though he's not much of a scratcher.
- Example sentences
- You're rooted in the tradition of hip-hop and turntablism.
- The mixing on this disc is not about turntablism or virtuosity.
- Right now turntablism is very percussive.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan