A DJ who is an expert in sampling, scratching, and similar techniques.
More example sentences
- Scratching from the turntablist really gets you moving.
- He makes a jazz album first, and then allows separate ground for the turntablists to remix five of the original tracks.
- Willner has also been reborn as a turntablist, though he's not much of a scratcher.
- More example sentences
- You're rooted in the tradition of hip-hop and turntablism.
- The mixing on this disc is not about turntablism or virtuosity.
- Right now turntablism is very percussive.