- another term for duodecimo.More example sentences
- One is a substantial octavo in plain dark binding, the other a twelvemo, in dainty green and white covers.
- Aside from ‘The District School’ and the ingenious ‘Supplication to the People of the United States,’ which makes a supplementary chapter in the present volume, the author's works in this twelvemo are mild, contemplative essays of no particular value.
- As befitted such a grand success of the Church, the Crown, and the university scholars, the first edition was issued in folio in 1611; in the same year the New Testament was issued in twelvemo; by the end of the year 1612 the entire Bible would be issued in both quarto and octavo.
More definitions of twelvemoDefinition of twelvemo in:
- The US English dictionary