noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A state of partial narcosis or stupor without total loss of consciousness, in particular a state induced by an injection of morphine and scopolamine, formerly popular for use during childbirth.More example sentences
- As a pioneer of twilight sleep in childbirth in New Zealand she even trialled the drug on herself when she subsequently had her four children, Peter, Ross, Graham and Alison.
- It is Christmas eve and our patient lays on the table in twilight sleep.
- Being alive is a very intense experience, we all shy away from it preferring an ambulatory twilight sleep.
More definitions of twilight sleepDefinition of twilight sleep in:
- The US English dictionary