Definition of twin city in English:
1Either of two neighbouring cities lying close together.
- Chicken shop owners of the twin cities and neighbouring districts dote on this commercial artiste.
- Highway 20 lingers for about 75 miles in the Sacramento Valley, passing the twin cities of Marysville and Yuba City.
- No two cities are alike. Even twin cities differ in the essential ‘genetic code’ if I may call it that.
1.1 (the Twin Cities) North American Minneapolis and St Paul in Minnesota.
- In July 2002 the Design Institute of the University of Minnesota asked six design teams to make a proposal for a typeface for the Twin Cities.
- If you're looking for an authentic Twin City experience, here are 20 things to see and do that you shouldn't miss!
1.2A city which has been twinned with another.
- The executive mayor of the City of Johannesburg, Amos Masondo, on Thursday signed a twin city agreement with his New York City counterpart Michael Bloomberg.
- Executive Mayor Councillor Amos Masondo has signed a twin city agreement with his New York City counterpart, Michael Bloomberg.
Definition of twin city in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.