Definition of twin city in English:
1Either of two neighbouring cities lying close together.
- Chicken shop owners of the twin cities and neighbouring districts dote on this commercial artiste.
- Highway 20 lingers for about 75 miles in the Sacramento Valley, passing the twin cities of Marysville and Yuba City.
- No two cities are alike. Even twin cities differ in the essential ‘genetic code’ if I may call it that.
1.1 (the Twin Cities) North American Minneapolis and St Paul in Minnesota.
- If you're looking for an authentic Twin City experience, here are 20 things to see and do that you shouldn't miss!
- In July 2002 the Design Institute of the University of Minnesota asked six design teams to make a proposal for a typeface for the Twin Cities.
1.2A city which has been twinned with another.
- The executive mayor of the City of Johannesburg, Amos Masondo, on Thursday signed a twin city agreement with his New York City counterpart Michael Bloomberg.
- Executive Mayor Councillor Amos Masondo has signed a twin city agreement with his New York City counterpart, Michael Bloomberg.
Definition of twin city in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan