- The apparent paradox arising from relativity theory that if one of a pair of twins makes a long journey at near the speed of light and then returns, he or she will have aged less than the twin who remains behind.More example sentences
- When you return to your computer, via the twin paradox the computer will be much older than you, and will, hopefully have solved the problem.
- This paradox, also called the clock paradox and the twin paradox, is an argument about time dilation that uses the theory of relativity to produce a contradiction.
- So I'm sure she doesn't remember me, but I remember those papers on topology and also a paper she wrote with J.D. Barrow on the twin paradox in compact universes.
More definitions of twin paradoxDefinition of twin paradox in:
- The US English dictionary