- (Of a ship) having two propellers on separate shafts with opposite twists.More example sentences
- She was a twin-screw vessel with a controllable pitch propeller and was powered by two diesel engines producing 5,750 BHP giving a service speed of about 9 to 10 knots.
- Whether single-screw, twin-screw, tugboat, catamaran, or classic monohull, the boats are tough oceangoing vessels that chug along for long distances.
- The SS Cumberland was a steel twin-screw steamship of 8993 gross tons and 144.4m in length.
More definitions of twin-screwDefinition of twin-screw in:
- The US English dictionary