(Of a material or yarn) consisting of two layers or strands.
- The ties are two-ply cotton yarns in colors of either blue (probably indigo) or brown.
- The entire wing was fabric covered and the leading edge had two-ply cloth reinforcing.
- The collection of shirts in shades of orange now includes plains and checks, including diagonal checks and come in two-ply cotton and blends.
1Yarn consisting of two strands.
- It is a small piece of two-ply cordage approximately 10 cm long.
2Plywood made by gluing together two layers with the grain in different directions.
- This two-ply composite is then machined into the six tapered triangular sections that when glued up together, form the familiar split-cane form.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: two-ply
Definition of two-ply in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.