Definition of two-stroke in English:
1Denoting an internal-combustion engine having its power cycle completed in one up-and-down movement of the piston.
- According to the EPA, two-stroke engines - which power a variety of other watercraft as well - are a leading source of toxic water pollution.
- Mowers powered by two-stroke engines, for which gasoline and oil are mixed prior to ignition, are dirtiest.
- See also the articles on Hemi engines, rotary engines and two-stroke engines.
1.1Denoting a vehicle having a two-stroke engine.
- You're referring here to two-stroke vehicles and we haven't ourselves done very many trials on these but we are very hopeful.
- The race was split into four categories 50 cc, four-stroke motorcycles up to 180 cc, novice riders on two-stroke bikes and 100 to 135 cc for the experienced.
- Two-wheeler maker TVS Motor Company has said it plans to replace two-stroke motorcycle ‘Max’ with a four-stroke entry-level motorcycle within six months to arrest the erosion in sales.
nounBack to top
A two-stroke engine or vehicle.
- Four-stroke engines are heavier than two-strokes but the technology means they burn fuel more completely and emit fewer pollutants.
- He and his team created the Evinrude E-TEC family of two-strokes; engines that are clean and darn-near worry free.
- I had some good performances on 500 cc two-strokes in 1998 and 1999 but some still weren't convinced that I could win on the big bikes.
Definition of two-stroke in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan