Definition of two-way in English:
1Allowing or involving movement or communication in opposite directions: a two-way radio make the interview a two-way process
More example sentences
- The smugglers, too, have taken advantage of technology, particularly cell phones and two-way radios that allow them to avoid agents and arrange rides before landing.
- Consultation is a two-way process, allowing discussion and amendments to take place.
- Since the vS talks to your two-way radio it allows mobile monitoring anywhere within range of the transmitter.
1.1(Of a switch) permitting a current to be switched on or off from either of two points.
- But then there was light, and dimmer switches, and two-way switches, and sockets.
- Q. How do I tell the difference between a three way and a regular on/off or two-way switch?
- The two-way switches have the send and end keys as one of their functions and a soft key as another.
- A situation or relationship involving mutual or reciprocal action or obligation: trust is a two-way streetMore example sentences
- To my mind, banking relationships are a two-way street.
- I always thought that a relationship was a two-way street, a give and take, but with them, I felt more like their pet dog.
- Usually we think of rain affecting vegetation, but the relationship is actually a two-way street.
Words that rhyme with two-wayaffray, agley, aka, allay, Angers, A-OK, appellation contrôlée, array, assay, astray, au fait, auto-da-fé, away, aweigh, aye, bay, belay, betray, bey, Bombay, Bordet, boulevardier, bouquet, brae, bray, café au lait, Carné, cassoulet, Cathay, chassé, chevet, chez, chiné, clay, convey, Cray, crème brûlée, crudités, cuvée, cy-pres, day, decay, deejay, dégagé, distinguée, downplay, dray, Dufay, Dushanbe, eh, embay, engagé, essay, everyday, faraway, fay, fey, flay, fray, Frey, fromage frais, gainsay, Gaye, Genet, giclee, gilet, glissé, gray, grey, halfway, hay, heigh, hey, hooray, Hubei, Hué, hurray, inveigh, jay, jeunesse dorée, José, Kay, Kaye, Klee, Kray, Lae, lay, lei, Littré, Lough Neagh, lwei, Mae, maguey, Malay, Mallarmé, Mandalay, Marseilles, may, midday, midway, mislay, misplay, Monterrey, Na-Dene, nay, né, née, neigh, Ney, noway, obey, O'Dea, okay, olé, outlay, outplay, outstay, outweigh, oyez, part-way, pay, Pei, per se, pince-nez, play, portray, pray, prey, purvey, qua, Quai d'Orsay, Rae, rangé, ray, re, reflet, relevé, roman-à-clef, Santa Fé, say, sei, Shar Pei, shay, slay, sleigh, sley, spae, spay, Spey, splay, spray, stay, straightaway, straightway, strathspey, stray, Sui, survey, sway, Taipei, Tay, they, today, tokay, Torbay, Tournai, trait, tray, trey, ukiyo-e, underlay, way, waylay, Wei, weigh, wey, Whangarei, whey, yea
Definition of two-way in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.