Definition of twopenn'orth in English:
1An amount of something that is worth or costs twopence: twopenn’orth of twist
More example sentences
- With a penn'orth of ceiling white, twopenn'orth of lime and a penn'orth of colour powder plus the enforced help of two very reluctant sisters, the house was re-decorated.
- Last Saturday night me and my little Emma here, we sold 7 pounds worth of whelks between eight and half past eleven o'clock - and almost all in penn'orths and twopenn'orths - a few, hap'orths, but not many.
add (or put in) one's twopenn'orth
- informal Contribute one’s opinion.Example sentences
- I know everyone's slagging it off but I'll have to add my twopenn'orth.
- As usual when I start reading a thread like this, I itch to add my twopenn'orth (/ two cents worth), then I read on and find that others have beaten me to it and I'm left with about a hap'orth (/ half a cent's worth).
- My twopenn'orth would be that the ‘problem’ occurs because of a conflating of print and web design criteria.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.