noun[mass noun] Printing
- An alloy of lead, tin, and antimony, used for casting type.More example sentences
- For example, when used as an alloy in type metal, it expands to fill all the corners of a mold, forming clean, crisp letters, numbers, and symbols.
- A mold was made from the handset type, and type metal was cast into this mold.
- Throughout history, lead has been used for many important applications, including water and sewer pipes, cable coverings, type metal, paints, food and tobacco wrappings, and gasoline additives.
More definitions of type metalDefinition of type metal in:
- The US English dictionary