noun (plural typos)• informal
- A typographical error.More example sentences
- This work is dedicated to Penny Vale who, in addition to listening to my theories of development and readings, waded stoically through reams of printed notes and sheets correcting typos and spelling mistakes.
- I'm not going to do as I intended with it because while the name's ‘cute’ (a bit too cute, actually), it's too prone to typos.
- The new chair decided to ridicule past documents drawn up which unfortunately contained typos (word processing has not yet reached the person who typed them).
early 19th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of typoDefinition of typo in:
- The US English dictionary