A small tropical American bird of the tyrant flycatcher family, typically with drab greyish or greenish plumage.
- Family Tyrannidae: several genera and many species
More example sentences
- In all most-parsimonious trees, an elevated trabecular plate is homologous in all genera of ‘tyrannulets’ and allies.
- Furthermore, Straneck's treatment of an Argentine tyrannulet taxon as referable to S. griseiceps and the resulting revalidation of S. griseiceps are not confirmed.
- The most popular sulphuric body part is the belly, with bulbuls, flycatchers, tyrannulets, tyrant-manakins, warblers, and whistlers all so named.
diminutive based on modern Latin Tyrannus (genus name), from Greek turannos 'tyrant'.
Definition of tyrannulet in:
- The US English dictionary