- A yellowish earthy mineral which is an ore of uranium. It consists of a hydrated vanadate of calcium and uranium.More example sentences
- When it is exposed to weathering, a thin yellow-green coating of carnotite or tyuyamunite may form on its surface.
- The bright-yellow mineral tyuyamunite is one of the most common uranium ore minerals.
- They are associated with tyuyamunite in Turkistan and with autunite at Bukhova, Bulgaria, and at Mt. Painter, South Australia.
early 20th century: from Tyuya Muyun, the name of a Kyrgyz village, + -ite1.
More definitions of tyuyamuniteDefinition of tyuyamunite in:
- The US English dictionary