- Any of a class of compounds which occur in all living cells and which act as electron-transfer agents in cell respiration. They are substituted quinones.More example sentences
- The regulation of this biosynthetic pathway at the mitochondrial level depends on the ubiquinone, the alternative oxidase and a species-specific uncoupling protein.
- Antioxidant compounds such as vitamins C and E, lipoic acid, ubiquinones, superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glucathione peroxidase can limit oxidative damage.
- Interactions of organic molecules such as dihydropyridines, ubiquinone, tryptophan, and halothane with lipid bilayers have been studied through molecular dynamics simulations.
More definitions of ubiquinoneDefinition of ubiquinone in:
- The US English dictionary