noun[mass noun] South African
- A quality that includes the essential human virtues; compassion and humanity: there is a need for understanding not vengeance, ubuntu not victimizationMore example sentences
- Speaking during the Senior Citizens' Day at the weekend, hosted by Rhema Mthatha Christian Church, MaMbeki singled out ubuntu as one solution to the problems facing society.
- I hope the summit will bring together a spirit of humanity - ubuntu - for sustainable development.
- He referred to Africa's concept of ubuntu, equating compassion with it, and bringing smiles to many audience members' faces.
Xhosa and Zulu.
More definitions of ubuntuDefinition of ubuntu in:
- The US English dictionary