- (In Japanese cookery) wheat pasta made in thick strips: [as modifier]: add the udon noodles and cook until they are heated through a bowl of udonMore example sentences
- Most people come to Tokyo expecting to eat sushi, maybe some sashimi, and probably some sort of noodles (soba, udon, or ramen).
- Here you get a long plank of fried teriyaki salmon resting atop a big bowl of thick, chewy udon noodles interspersed with various sorts of fish and crab cakes, wisps of seaweed, fresh string beans, and a couple of fried squares of tofu.
- Unfortunately, the thick udon noodles had a washed-out taste and there was not a trace of meat to be found, but I would give it another chance.
More definitions of udonDefinition of udon in:
- The US English dictionary