- An American who behaves offensively when abroad: the phrases every ugly American needs to know [as modifier]: I go into my ugly American routine of wolfing down a quick meal and promptly sacking outMore example sentences
- In essence, two ugly Americans dress up what they think is a dead kangaroo in order to take some tasteful souvenir photos; the kangaroo recovers and bounces away with some mob money, which our two lads carelessly left in a jacket pocket.
- One of the most enduring stereotypes of ugly Americans on holiday in Europe is that of the overweight, baseball-capped Yank wandering through a street market in Greece or Italy, picking up some trinket and asking how much it costs.
- I suppose he thinks that they would rather be stranded in the middle of the road to democracy than have to walk that road with the ugly Americans.
More definitions of ugly AmericanDefinition of ugly American in:
- The US English dictionary