- (Of radio waves) having a wavelength significantly shorter than that of the usual short waves, in particular shorter than 10 metres (i.e. of a VHF frequency above 30 MHz).More example sentences
- Although the ultrashort solitons described above have so far only been generated using a GaAs: InGaAs laser, nothing inherent to the technique restricts it to a specific material system.
- According to the uncertainty principle, these ultrashort pulses would have a very wide spectrum of energies - with some photons in the gamma radiation range, having more than 1 MeV of energy.
- Physicists have used ultrashort pulses of light to control the motion of electrons ejected from molecules and to produce electron beams just a few nanometres in length.
More definitions of ultrashortDefinition of ultrashort in:
- The US English dictionary