noun[mass noun] Medicine
A technique using echoes of ultrasound pulses to delineate objects or areas of different density in the body.
More example sentences
- For each patient we compared the results of ultrasonography alone, ultrasonography with plain radiography, and intravenous urography.
- If the area is not palpable, diagnostic mammography and ultrasonography should be performed.
- They can be treated by percutaneous drainage guided by ultrasonography or computed tomography if the pancreatic injury was minor.
- More example sentences
- Multiple ultrasonographic examinations in late pregnancy have been reported to improve predictions but have significant costs.
- Physicians who are learning or reviewing ultrasonographic findings in the fetus will discover an array of beautifully detailed images demonstrating important anatomic points.
- The authors conclude that all four of the formulas currently used in clinical practice provide valid estimates of true birth weight when ultrasonographic measurements are taken at term.
Definition of ultrasonography in:
- The US English dictionary