A tropical Old World sedge which has stiff green stems, each terminating in a whorl of arching green leaf-like bracts. It is commonly grown as a houseplant.
- Cyperus involucratus, family Cyperaceae
More example sentences
- Another moisture loving perennial at Glin is Darmera Peltata, commonly known as the umbrella plant.
- It is known as the umbrella plant but I find it more reminiscent of a fireworks explosion.
- Add a small water plant (such as a dwarf umbrella plant) in a bonsai dish, rocks, a submersible pump, and a bamboo spout that's a variation of the traditional Japanese deer scarer, or shishi odoshi (often sold at nurseries).
Definition of umbrella plant in:
- The US English dictionary