- A stand for holding closed upright umbrellas.More example sentences
- I remember the smell of leather from the leather upholstered seats in the alcoves, and the huge carved bear that served as an umbrella stand - important in a town which has quite a lot of wet weather.
- I started playing tennis in the early 1970s, when even top-of-the-range rackets looked as if they spent nine months of the year tightly clamped in an umbrella stand at the vicarage.
- The house had a huge padlock on the outside of the door (and inside, propped up against an old umbrella stand, were a couple of emergency baseball bats).
More definitions of umbrella standDefinition of umbrella stand in:
- The US English dictionary