- A large tropical American cotinga with black plumage, a radiating crest, and typically long wattles.
More example sentences
- Genus Cephalopterus, family Cotingidae: three species
- I have seen several of the large, all black umbrellabirds flying across a large river.
- Three-wattled bellbirds and bare-necked umbrellabirds migrate seasonally to this region.
- I have been told that the umbrellabirds tend to approach more open areas during the rainy season when the palms fruit.
More definitions of umbrellabirdDefinition of umbrellabird in:
- The US English dictionary