- The whole community of Muslims bound together by ties of religion.More example sentences
- In Medina, Mohammed established an ummah, a Muslim community, with every aspect of life - political, religious, social and economic - subject to Islamic teaching.
- I don't know what's written on it, but the MamaList of Islamic Links says it's a personal blog discussing the ummah.
- It has always been the view and practice of a great portion of the Muslim ummah to perform their salâh according to the Hanafi fiqh.
Arabic, literally 'people, community'.
More definitions of ummaDefinition of umma in:
- The US English dictionary