- 1Not adopting or characteristic of a scholarly approach or language: his language was refreshingly unacademicMore example sentences
- Contemporary subjects were not in themselves taboo, but Manet's moody treatment, his indistinct outlines and background - in short, his unacademic approach - offended the public eye.
- This was brought home to me at university where I had given a lecture on political rhetoric and had taken the opportunity to make fun, in passing, of this lady and her unacademic grasp of key political issues.
- Employing a method he dubs ‘outrageously unacademic,’ he deftly links the biblical text to contemporary situations that cry for justice.
- 1.1(Of a person) not suited or drawn to academic study.More example sentences
- At school, Sayle was unacademic, uninterested and usually in trouble.
- I think it's a really good idea to let the unacademic kids leave school and study a trade.
- In many ways, especially among the scholarly men around her, she was regarded as a quite unacademic woman.
More definitions of unacademicDefinition of unacademic in:
- The US English dictionary