Definition of unadventurous in English:
Not offering, involving, or eager for new or stimulating things: he was the unadventurous type an unadventurous menu
More example sentences
- If you strayed over to BBC Four on the night that the 2004 British Folk Awards were broadcast, you won't need reminding how utterly unadventurous our traditional music scene has become.
- Forget those conservative, unadventurous tags and think bohemian, diverse instead - after all, where else could you walk barefoot and feel totally at home?
- If Zadie came to a dinner party at my house she would probably conclude that I was some kind of white supremacist; or at least very, very boring and unadventurous.
conservative, conventional, traditional, unenterprising, unexciting, unimaginative, uncreative, restrained, limited, boring, strait-laced, stuffy, narrow-minded
- Example sentences
- Imagine England playing with a one-goal lead and 86 minutes of the clock to run down and you'll have some idea of how negatively and unadventurously they're being.
- The rooms are unadventurously decorated in shades of pink, while the suites are decked out in peach.
- If he unadventurously chipped the ball back into the fairway, I thought, he could save a par.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan