Definition of unaired in English:
1Not exposed to the open air for ventilation.
- ‘We actually had a great time on the U2 tour,’ says Manson, ‘but there were already a lot of unaired issues.’
- Because otherwise social conventions and inequalities would be unbearably stifling and irksome, and terrible things and events would remain festering in our minds, unaired.
- Distressed to count at least six pairs of chinos clearly unaired this side of winter during my half-hour journey, I was heartened to see the attire of an old man as I awaited the lift.
2Not previously broadcast: the original unaired pilot episode
More example sentences
- A little more on the disappointing side are two unaired episodes.
- DVDs of Firefly, including the unaired episodes, are planned for later this year.
- The two bonus tracks (which were unaired on the original broadcast) of new cuts just aren't up to snuff.
Definition of unaired in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan