- 1Unable to be answered: unanswerable questions concerning our own mortalityMore example sentences
- The only person who could feasibly answer such unanswerable questions would be an actual dead author.
- Although the initial horror has passed, the news cycle-with its insatiable appetite, continues to demand to be fed with more stories, more coverage, more answers to unanswerable questions.
- I would venture to suggest, that for many families, the notebooks they clutch in their sweaty hands are often more like prayer books that help them search for answers to the often unanswerable questions they face.
- 1.1Unable to be disclaimed or proved wrong: the case for abolishing the fee is unanswerableMore example sentences
- If - I have to use that word again, since the messages remain mixed - this is indeed what happens, it really will be an unanswerable demonstration that the game is up for worthwhile reform under Labour.
- I could not even defend myself, because the charge of racism and racial insensitivity is ultimately unanswerable.
- The case for acting on the basis of good intelligence to discover and prevent terrorism is obviously unanswerable.
- More example sentences
- Gould systematically and unanswerably refutes each of these three essential components of Darwinian logic.
- He pointed out, unanswerably, that, because Dr Salahuddin had been the only defendant to the action and because the action against him had been dismissed, the action did not exist any more.
- Upon that view of the transaction on this day, it seems to me that, unanswerably it must be seen to be a harsh and unconscionable bargain as far as Mrs Goff was concerned.