Definition of unappetizing in English:
Not inviting or attractive; unwholesome: an unappetizing leg of chicken one of the unappetizing features of politics
More example sentences
- Mr Gray has previously called for supermarkets to stock more British fruit and he even branded French apples tasteless and unappetising.
- Love is the salt of life and without it, life would be tasteless and unappetising.
- First off, Goddard is much too old to be playing the mother of young children and Matthew Cottle makes a far from attractive Clive, so this illicit coupling is as unappetising as it is unconvincing.
unpalatable, uninviting, unappealing, unpleasant, off-putting, disagreeable, distasteful, unsavoury, insipid, tasteless, flavourless, unattractive, uninteresting, dull;
- unappetizingly adverb
- Example sentences
- Incidentally, the chard lasted all winter and, although the leaves looked unappetisingly tatty, it was good to have something interesting in the garden.
- The lucky recipient would then chew upon the remaining flesh of the fruit before it went completely and unappetisingly brown from contact with the air, like a dog gnawing a bone dropped from the master's table.
- The onions in the accompanying ‘onion jam’ however, had been more candied than caramelised which left them unappetisingly crunchy with all the colour of glue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.