Definition of unapprehended in English:
1Not perceived or understood.
- We are documenting the massive change that is happening, unapprehended, before our eyes.
- The traumatic event is an unapprehended, and therefore unrealized moment in the history of the survivor that creates a rupture in the temporal continuity of the self.
2Not arrested for a crime.
- Later, Nicholas I similarly forbade the spread of serfdom to Siberia; any serf who could escape and settle in Siberia unapprehended became a state peasant.
- When The Hours of the Day finishes, Rosales's killer is still unapprehended; as viewers we are denied closure.
- They become visible people, rather than unapprehended criminals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan