1Not perceived or understood.
- We are documenting the massive change that is happening, unapprehended, before our eyes.
- The traumatic event is an unapprehended, and therefore unrealized moment in the history of the survivor that creates a rupture in the temporal continuity of the self.
2Not arrested for a crime.
- Later, Nicholas I similarly forbade the spread of serfdom to Siberia; any serf who could escape and settle in Siberia unapprehended became a state peasant.
- When The Hours of the Day finishes, Rosales's killer is still unapprehended; as viewers we are denied closure.
- They become visible people, rather than unapprehended criminals.
Words that rhyme with unapprehendedintended, splendid, unamended, unattended, unblended, undefended, untended
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|appre|hend¦ed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.