Definition of unassuaged in English:
Not soothed or relieved: her unassuaged grief
More example sentences
- Tensions grew as the protesters, unassuaged by Lee's promise to step down after a party congress in September, attacked the cars of arriving KMT officials.
- When Karen awakes, she finds her loneliness unassuaged.
- It spreads rapidly, becomes attached to new objects, and burns with the pain of unassuaged longing.
- Example sentences
- This craving to nail down transient experience is unassuageable, and as basic to us as the self-pitying sorrow for our own mortality, and just as invariably doomed to disappointment.
- She describes Islam in hysterical terms as, ‘an insane and unassuageable cult.’
- An even less appetizing quality of the new privileged is their palpable and apparently unassuageable envy.
Words that rhyme with unassuagedaged, unengaged, unwaged
Definition of unassuaged in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.