Definition of unassuaged in English:
Not soothed or relieved: her unassuaged grief
More example sentences
- Tensions grew as the protesters, unassuaged by Lee's promise to step down after a party congress in September, attacked the cars of arriving KMT officials.
- When Karen awakes, she finds her loneliness unassuaged.
- It spreads rapidly, becomes attached to new objects, and burns with the pain of unassuaged longing.
- Example sentences
- This craving to nail down transient experience is unassuageable, and as basic to us as the self-pitying sorrow for our own mortality, and just as invariably doomed to disappointment.
- She describes Islam in hysterical terms as, ‘an insane and unassuageable cult.’
- An even less appetizing quality of the new privileged is their palpable and apparently unassuageable envy.
Definition of unassuaged in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia