- 1Not able to be used or obtained; not at someone’s disposal: material which is unavailable to the researcherMore example sentences
- But public transport is still unavailable to many, and often inconvenient when available.
- Their memoirs have supplied a level of authenticity and detail unavailable to previous film-makers.
- Any resources he must commit to shore up his position there are necessarily resources unavailable to him in swing states.
- 2(Of a person) not free to do something; otherwise occupied: the men were unavailable for workMore example sentences
- Reid's lawyer at London law firm Fox Williams was unavailable for comment.
- A spokeswoman for Jonathan Cape said the author was unavailable for comment.
- Martin was unavailable for comment last night on the detail of what he had claimed.
- More example sentences
- The excuse given was the unavailability of a private contractor.
- The interlinking of rivers in the country can also solve the multiple problem of drought and unavailability of water at one stroke.
- The long white cloud of Kiwi origin has become a storm on the horizon for Vogts as he contemplates the unavailability on Saturday of Rangers midfielder Barry Ferguson.
More definitions of unavailableDefinition of unavailable in:
- The US English dictionary