Having no knowledge of a situation or fact: they were unaware of his absence
More example sentences
- Polls against gay marriage are showing the American public is not unaware of this fact.
- Many people may be unaware of the fact that prior to Kellistown the races were held at Graiguenaspideog.
- The village folk are unaware of the fact that Boothanathan had kidnapped Vigathakumaran.
variant of unawares.
- Example sentences
- It's ignorance and unawareness of how people feel when you talk about someone's colour and personalise that.
- She could have been sitting there for eons for all she knew, the shield of blankness and unawareness firmly in place and ignoring any questions asked.
- However, when I think about the problem of students' unawareness and apathy about actual change at Macalester, applying a similar solution seems absurd.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|aware
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.