- 1Having no financial, material, or moral support.More example sentences
- In the world of Phoebe, striving unbacked by integrity may be blameworthy, but dullness is unforgivable.
- Now, since this money is unbacked by any previous production of real wealth it will set in motion an exchange of nothing for something, or a redirection of real savings from wealth generators towards the borrower of the newly created $1000.
- Unlike a 100-percent reserve system, in which banks cannot issue more in notes than they have specie in their vaults, there is no logical limit to the expansion of the unbacked paper money favored by Fathers Coughlin and Fahey.
- 1.1(Of a horse) having no backers in a race.More example sentences
- We laid it from 33-1 to 10-1 and a lot of supposedly fancied horses like Bobbyjo and Djeddah were unbacked.
- The Philip Carberry-ridden Killeaney, on the other hand, went unbacked in the three-mile handicap hurdle.
- 2Having no backing layer: unbacked hessianMore example sentences
- Acrylic-backed or unbacked textiles should be dry hung.
- Some specialty wallpapers like foils, unbacked and grasscloths require the use of lining paper.
More definitions of unbackedDefinition of unbacked in:
- The US English dictionary