Not able to be endured or tolerated: the heat was getting unbearable
More example sentences
- She never thought she would be able to come to terms with the unbearable grief.
- It was an unbearable scene to see truckloads of human bodies being carried out.
- Today's lifestyle police would have us believe that it is unbearable because of these two diversions.
intolerable, insufferable, unsupportable, insupportable, unendurable, beyond endurance, unacceptable, unmanageable, impossible, more than flesh and blood can stand, too much to bear, past bearing, not to be borne, overpowering
informal too much, enough to try the patience of Job, enough to try the patience of a saint
- Example sentences
- A lone violin could be heard, reaching the point of emotional unbearableness with mournful vibratoes and sorrowful strokes.
- The general unbearableness of one-leggedness combined with sock uncertainty soon warped Wilf's feeble mind.
- And then what justifies death is the unbearableness of the pain rather than the painfulness.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|bear¦able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.