- Not appropriate; unsuitable: unbefitting conductMore example sentences
- The committee found Mr Green guilty of unbefitting conduct but accepted no one had suffered from Mr Green's actions.
- The breaches of the Rules in respect of which the Tribunal had found the Respondent's explanations unsatisfactory, did amount to conduct unbefitting a solicitor.
- The Tribunal has found that Mr Wheeler was guilty of conduct unbefitting a solicitor for permitting Ms Harrison to work as she did.
- More example sentences
- Other than an unbefittingly comfortable chair set in the corner of the area he now stood in, the room was unfurnished.
- I find it disturbing that the holiday planned for the third Monday in February, originally instituted to be a ‘family day’, is unbefittingly named Louis Riel Day.
- And, unquestionably, we see how many are unbefittingly ingenious in catching at a pretext for inhumanity.
More definitions of unbefittingDefinition of unbefitting in:
- The US English dictionary