- 1Remove an obstruction from (something, especially a pipe or drain): a gadget to unblock sinks quicklyMore example sentences
- Buffalo City Municipality reported that the only clean-up operation was to unblock storm drains.
- The money could have been spent on the green or unblocking the drains or on the paths.
- Tonight Eton and I fumigated his apartment, and unblocked the bathroom drain.
- 2Restore access to or the use of (email or a website or mobile phone): crooks are using software to unblock the phones so they can be resoldMore example sentences
- We must get the UK to unblock the site.
- Access will only be unblocked on request to the phone companies.
- Unblocking a member will not return deleted messages to your inbox.
- 3 Bridge Play in such a way that (a long suit) becomes established: (as adjective unblocking) this unblocking play was identified by a Viennese whist playerMore example sentences
- So East made a fine unblocking play of the ten of spades.
More definitions of unblockDefinition of unblock in:
- The US English dictionary