Definition of unblushing in English:
Not feeling or showing embarrassment or shame: a comedy of manners, encased in the most unblushing melodrama unblushing vice and licentiousness
More example sentences
- The real highlight is an insert-like section, ‘The New Age of Terror,’ which takes an unblushing look at state persecution down through the ages, juxtaposed against the war porn of today.
- Ron Curran, a dogged, award-winning investigator and unblushing idealist who helped establish the L.A. Weekly's reputation for hard-edged, relevant local reporting, died this week at 43 in his Huntington Beach home.
- His unblushing reversals and evasions are underpinned not only by opportunism and a contempt for truth-telling, but also by conservative convictions and what appears to be a deep rooted reverence for the rich.
- Example sentences
- They were brutalised by miscreants uninhibited by the police, their women unblushingly molested; and Muslim men, women and children, in a travesty of justice, were burned alive.
- The same feeling of over-ripe decadence is conveyed in Late Nawabi poetry, which is some of the most unblushingly fleshy and sensual ever written by Muslim poets.
- What little story there is exists partly thanks to actor Neve Campbell, herself a trained dancer, who has unblushingly cast herself in the leading role, and is also credited as a producer.
Words that rhyme with unblushingFlushing, gushing
Definition of unblushing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan